About Midlothian Traffic, Roads and Paths (MTRAP)
Newtongrange Community Council typically has one or more members attending the monthly Midlothian Traffic, Roads and Paths group.
The monthly meetings cover everything from Active Travel, Core Paths, traffic issues and roads across issues of maintenance and development, for example feeding into Midlothian Council’s annual Road Works Capital Programme.
Raise any concerns with NCC and let us represent your views on issues at MTRaP meetings as appropriate. Areas of activity currently are:
- Midlothian wide 20mph urban speed limit
- Midlothian Access forum and protection of core paths from development and lack of maintenance from land-owners
- Recent formation of a Midlothian Active travel group and forum
- Road and path safety and integrity, e.g. collapsing bing retaining wall on Dalhousie Rd and
- Potential Midlothian Cycling forum – cycle path proposals and understanding Midlothian Council Active Travel plans
- Delays and reprioritisation of 2020/21 and 2021/22 Capital Works programmes due to COVID
Email or fill form with your concerns, interest or support