Nitten Matters : a newsletter for the whole of Newtongrange
The Community Council plan to create a newsletter to reach every household in the village via newsletter is nearing fruition.
At the first meeting in January 2020 we asked all in the meeting what should be included in a public newsletter. All the post-it notes were crammed with useful suggestions including:
- Attractive look & feel of newsletter
- Who we are, where we meet and how to get in contact
- Members profile
- Type of issues dealt with
- Emergency phone numbers list
- MP, MSP & Councillors contact no & surgery info
- NCC action days
- First Aid Training specifically for Defibrillators
- Current Campaigns, good news and successes
- Promotion of website, campaigns i.e litterpick
- Community groups & events i.e Newtongrange Library, NCLC
- Groups in village sharing info i.e NC1, Community Explorers
- Contact with Primary & High School
- Village improvement suggestion box (perhaps at Newtongrange Library)
- Police report summary & crime events
- How do you complain/log defects on MC website?
I have suggested the name Nitten Matters and the Newsletter is on the agenda for February 2020 meeting
We now need all NCC members to contribute or promote public suggestions with the issues that mean the most to all in the village. Thanks to our website and facebook channels we now have various electronic avenues to be contacted and spread the great work of the community. However, it is clear we need to make contact through a newsletter campaign to reach out to the whole community.
Thanks to Ross Lyall & the Community Explorers this process will be much easier to achieve once issue 1 is ready for delivery.