Microgrant Application Submitted
Submitted to Midlothian Council (14th April 2019) a request to support a newsletter campaign to support the NCC’s goals of inclusivity, representation and engagement.
The NCC seeks support (50%) for an annual mail campaign to 1,200 households (£849.60pa) plus 2 newsletters each to 100 isolated individuals (£141.60pa) for 3 years. This funding will:
• allow the NCC to reach all Newtongrange households in 3 years;
• invite new membership (specifically 9 new councillors from absent demographics);
• Highlight new ways to engage with the NCC and its present campaigns on community safety, village development and
• improve inclusivity for isolated individuals;
• improve trust in statutory services and developments.
• directing residents to the newly launched NCC website https://newtongrange.org;
• invitation to new email subscription model and social media;
• enabling contribution to meeting agendas and consultations, and;
• invitation to traditional mailing list for isolated or vulnerable villagers who do not use the internet.
The community is in rapid growth and undergoing major changes, many of which are widely perceived to be negative. The NCC is challenged with improving inclusivity.